There’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked cinnamon rolls wafting through the house. For me, it brings back fond memories of weekend mornings spent with family, gathered around the kitchen table with steaming cups of coffee and plates piled high with warm, gooey cinnamon rolls. But finding the perfect cinnamon roll recipe can be a challenge. Some are too dry or too sweet, while others lack the perfect balance of cinnamon and buttery goodness. That’s where Brenda Gantt’s cinnamon rolls come in.
Brenda Gantt is a beloved Southern cook and YouTube personality, known for her delicious recipes and down-home charm. Her cinnamon roll recipe has become a sensation online, with countless fans praising its soft, fluffy texture and unbeatable cinnamon flavor. As someone who loves nothing more than a good cinnamon roll, I had to give Brenda’s recipe a try for myself. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint.
What sets Brenda’s cinnamon rolls apart from other recipes is the attention to detail in every step. But don’t just take my word for it. Give Brenda Gantt’s cinnamon roll recipe a try and experience the ultimate comfort food for yourself.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a first-timer in the kitchen, these cinnamon rolls are sure to become a new family favorite. So grab your apron, preheat your oven, and get ready for a delicious treat that will have your taste buds singing.
As I set out to try Brenda Gantt’s cinnamon roll recipe, I was both excited and a bit intimidated. I’d heard so many rave reviews of her recipe, and I couldn’t wait to see if it lived up to the hype. I began by gathering all the necessary ingredients and equipment, making sure everything was within arm’s reach.
As I began to mix the dough and prepare the filling, I was struck by how carefully crafted each element of the recipe seemed to be. Every ingredient and measurement felt deliberate, and I could tell that Brenda had put a lot of thought into creating the perfect cinnamon roll.
As the rolls baked in the oven, the smell of cinnamon and sugar filled the kitchen, and my anticipation grew. When they finally emerged, golden and fragrant, I knew I was in for a treat.
As I took my first bite, I was transported back to lazy weekend mornings with my family, gathered around the kitchen table. The dough was soft and pillowy, the filling was perfectly balanced with just the right amount of sweetness and spice, and the frosting was the ideal finishing touch. I savored each bite, and couldn’t wait to share the recipe with my loved ones.
Brenda Gantt’s cinnamon roll recipe was everything I’d hoped for and more. It’s a recipe that I’ll return to again and again, for special occasions or just as a treat on a lazy weekend morning. It’s truly the perfect cinnamon roll.
Brenda Gantt Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Large mixing bowl
- Stand mixer with a dough hook attachment (you can also mix by hand)
- Rolling Pin
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- Pastry brush
For the dough
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 4 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/2 package of vanilla instant pudding
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 4 tbsp warm water
For the filling
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cinammon
- 2 tbsp raisins (optional)
- 2 tbsp pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, beaten egg, melted butter, and vanilla instant pudding.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add in the yeast mixture and the milk mixture, and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and roll it out into a large rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the softened butter on top of the dough, and sprinkle the sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and/or nuts on top.
- Place the rolls in a greased baking dish, cover with a damp towel, and let them rise for another 24 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Bake the rolls for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking, mix together the powdered sugar, softened butter, and milk to make the frosting.
- Once the rolls are done baking, let them cool for a few minutes, then spread the frosting on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
- The addition of vanilla instant pudding in the dough gives the rolls a slightly sweet and creamy flavor, and also helps to keep them soft and moist.
- If you don’t have vanilla instant pudding, you can substitute it with 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You can customize the filling to your liking by adding different types of nuts, dried fruit, or even chocolate chips.
- If you’re short on time, you can make the dough the night before and let it rise in the refrigerator overnight. Then, simply roll it out and assemble the rolls in the morning.
- To ensure that the rolls bake evenly, make sure they are all the same size and spaced apart in the baking dish.
- If you prefer a more gooey and caramelized topping, you can mix together some brown sugar and melted butter and spread it on the bottom of the baking dish before adding the rolls.
- To make the frosting extra decadent, you can add a splash of vanilla extract or some cream cheese to the mixture.
- These cinnamon rolls are perfect for a special breakfast or brunch, and also make a great gift for friends and family.
- Cinnamon rolls are believed to have originated in Sweden in the 1920s, but they have become a beloved breakfast and dessert treat around the world.
- Brenda Gantt is a popular Southern cook and YouTube personality who has been sharing her recipes and cooking tips with the world for years.
- Cinnamon is a delicious and fragrant spice that is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make the dough ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the dough ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. Just be sure to let it come to room temperature before continuing with the recipe.
Can I freeze the cinnamon rolls?
Yes, you can freeze the cinnamon rolls. Simply wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil before placing them in the freezer. To reheat, let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then warm them up in the oven.
Can I make the recipe without vanilla instant pudding?
The vanilla instant pudding is a unique addition that gives the cinnamon rolls their distinct flavor and texture. However, if you don’t have any on hand, you can omit it and still make the recipe.
Can I add different fillings to the cinnamon rolls?
Absolutely! You can customize the filling to your liking by adding nuts, dried fruits, or even chocolate chips.
Can I use a bread machine to make the dough?
Yes, you can use a bread machine to make the dough. Simply add the ingredients to the bread machine in the order listed and select the dough cycle. Once the dough is finished, continue with the recipe as written.
As I wrap up, I can’t help but feel excited about sharing this amazing recipe for Brenda’s Perfect Cinnamon Rolls with you. It has been a pleasure taking you through the steps of making these delicious treats.
One of the things I love about this recipe is the addition of vanilla instant pudding in the dough. It gives the rolls a unique flavor that sets them apart from other cinnamon roll recipes I’ve tried. Plus, it helps keep them soft and moist.
Another great thing about this recipe is how customizable it is. You can add your favorite nuts or dried fruits to the filling, or even switch up the frosting to your liking. It’s a versatile recipe that allows you to make it your own.
While the estimated cost of ingredients for this recipe may vary depending on where you live and where you shop, I believe it’s still an affordable way to make delicious cinnamon rolls right at home. Plus, you get the satisfaction of making them from scratch.
I highly recommend trying out Brenda’s Perfect Cinnamon Rolls recipe. Whether it’s for a special occasion or just a weekend treat, these cinnamon rolls are sure to impress.