Are you looking for a classic, delicious and easy-to-make roast recipe that will satisfy your cravings for a hearty and comforting meal? Look no further than Pioneer Woman’s Eye of Round Roast recipe.
Pioneer Woman, also known as Ree Drummond, is a well-known American blogger, author, and television personality. She is widely recognized for her popular cooking and lifestyle blog, The Pioneer Woman, which she started in 2006.
Through her blog, Drummond shares her love for cooking, entertaining, and living on a ranch in Oklahoma with her husband and four children.
Eye of Round Roast recipe is a true family favorite, featuring a juicy and tender cut of beef that is seasoned to perfection and slow-cooked to perfection.
The recipe is simple yet flavorful, and the result is a beautifully cooked roast that will impress your guests and leave your taste buds wanting more.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply want to enjoy a cozy night in with your loved ones, Pioneer Woman’s Eye of Round Roast is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Pioneer Woman Eye Of Round Roast Recipe
- Large skillet
- Roasting pan
- Meat thermometer
- 1 3-4 pound Eye of Round Roast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Mix together the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and thyme in a small bowl.
- Rub the seasoning mixture all over the roast.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Sear the roast in the skillet for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan and pour beef broth over it.
- Cover the pan with foil and place it in the oven.
- Roast for approximately 3 hours or until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 135°F.
- Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- It’s important to let the roast rest before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute and the meat to become tender.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the roast reaches the desired internal temperature.
- Protein: The Eye of Round Roast is a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body.
- Iron: Beef is a rich source of iron, and this recipe provides a significant amount of this essential mineral. Iron is necessary for healthy blood circulation and oxygen transport in the body.
- Vitamin B12: Beef is also a good source of vitamin B12, which is important for maintaining healthy nerve and blood cells.
- Zinc: Zinc is another important mineral found in beef, and this recipe provides a good amount of it. Zinc is necessary for a healthy immune system and wound healing.
- Low-carb: This recipe is low in carbohydrates, making it a good option for people on a low-carb or ketogenic diet.
There are many side dishes that pair well with Pioneer Woman Eye of Round Roast. Here are some ideas:
Mashed Potatoes: Creamy and buttery mashed potatoes are a classic side dish that goes well with roast beef.
Roasted Vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes complement the rich flavor of the roast.
Green Beans: A simple side dish of lightly steamed or roasted green beans seasoned with garlic and lemon juice adds a bright, fresh flavor to the meal.
Grilled Asparagus: Grilled asparagus drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar provides a deliciously light and refreshing complement to the richness of the roast.
Caesar Salad: A crisp Caesar salad with homemade dressing and croutons is a refreshing and light side dish that complements the richness of the beef.
The Pioneer Woman Eye of Round Roast recipe is a flavorful and nutritious main dish that provides a good source of protein, iron, and other essential nutrients. This recipe is easy to follow and uses simple ingredients to create a tender and delicious roast that’s perfect for a special occasion or Sunday dinner.
Remember to use a meat thermometer to ensure the roast reaches the desired internal temperature for safe consumption. Overall, this recipe is a great option for anyone looking for a healthy and satisfying meal.