This hearty soup is a fantastic option for those seeking a comforting and nourishing meal while still adhering to a vegan lifestyle. Packed with essential nutrients, protein-rich white beans, and an array of aromatic herbs and spices, this soup is satisfying and incredibly flavorsome.
Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or simply looking to explore new tastes, Creamy White Bean Soup Vegan is a recipe that will not disappoint.
Ingredients you’ll Need:
- 2 cups dried white beans: The main ingredient of the soup, providing a creamy and hearty texture.
- Onion: Adds flavor and aroma as a base ingredient for the soup.
- 3 cloves of garlic: Enhances the overall flavor profile of the soup.
- 2 carrots: Adds sweetness and additional texture to the soup.
- 2 celery stalks: Provides a subtle earthy flavor and add depth to the soup.
- 4 cups vegetable broth: The liquid base of the soup provides flavor and moisture.
- 1 bay leaf: Adds a subtle herbal note to the soup.
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme: Adds an earthy and slightly floral flavor to the soup.
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary: Provides a fragrant and pine-like flavor to the soup.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin: Adds warmth and depth of flavor to the soup.
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk: Gives the soup a rich and creamy texture, while adding a subtle coconut flavor.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice: Brightens the flavors of the soup and adds a touch of acidity.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil: Used for sautéing the vegetables and adding richness to the soup.
- Salt and pepper, to taste: Enhances the overall flavor and balances the taste.
- Fresh parsley, for garnish: Adds a fresh and vibrant touch to the soup when used as a garnish.
- Blender or immersion blender: This equipment is needed to blend the cooked soup into a creamy consistency.
- Knife and cutting board: These tools are used for chopping and preparing onion, garlic, carrots, and celery.
Guide On How To Make Creamy White Bean Soup Vegan Recipe
White bean soup is a delicious and nutritious dish perfect for a cozy winter evening. Not only is it rich in flavor, but it is also a great source of protein and fiber. This vegan version of the classic soup is made with simple ingredients and is easy to prepare.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make creamy white bean soup.
Step 1: Prepare the Beans
Rinse 2 cups of dried white beans under cold water to remove debris or impurities. Place the beans in a large pot and cover them with water.
Let them soak overnight or use the quick soak method by bringing the water to a boil, then removing from heat and letting them sit for 1 hour. Drain and rinse the soaked beans before proceeding to the next step.
Step 2: Sauté the Aromatics
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and minced garlic to the pot. Sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions become translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
Stir in the diced carrots and celery, and cook for 5 minutes until they soften.
Step 3: Cook the Soup
Add the soaked and drained white beans to the pot with the sautéed vegetables. Pour in 4 cups of vegetable broth, along with 1 bay leaf, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, and 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours, or until the beans are tender and cooked. Remove the bay leaf from the pot.
Step 4: Blend
Using an immersion or regular blender, puree a portion of the soup until smooth. Be cautious of hot liquids when using a regular blender.
Step 5: Add Coconut Milk
Return the blended soup to the pot and stir in 1 can (13.5 oz) of coconut milk. This will add richness and creaminess to the soup. Stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 6: Serve and Enjoy
Ladle the creamy white bean soup into soup bowls. Garnish each bowl with fresh parsley for added freshness and visual appeal. Serve the soup hot, and enjoy its comforting flavors and creamy texture.
Tips For Making The Perfect Creamy White Bean Soup Vegan
White bean soup is a classic comfort food that can be enjoyed year-round. With a few simple tips and tricks, you can create the perfect creamy white bean soup that is delicious and vegan. Here are some tips to help you achieve the perfect consistency and flavor for your white bean soup.
- Soak and Cook the Beans Properly: To ensure that the white beans are cooked thoroughly and have a creamy texture, it’s important to soak them overnight or use the quick soak method. This helps soften the beans and reduces the cooking time.
- Adjust the Creaminess: The amount of coconut milk used can be adjusted according to your desired level of creaminess. For a lighter version, reduce the amount of coconut milk, or for an extra creamy texture, add a little more. Adjusting the coconut milk allows you to tailor the soup to your liking.
- Garnish with Texture: While fresh parsley is suggested for garnishing, you can experiment with other toppings to add texture and flavor. Crispy croutons, toasted pumpkin seeds, or a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil can all complement the creamy soup and provide an enjoyable contrast.
Nutritional Benefits of Creamy White Bean Soup Vegan
Creamy white bean soup is a delicious and comforting dish and offers numerous nutritional benefits. Packed with plant-based protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals, this vegan soup is a nutritious addition to any diet. Let’s dive into the health advantages of indulging in a bowl of creamy white bean soup.
- Plant-Based Protein Powerhouse: Creamy white bean soup is an excellent source of plant-based protein. White beans, also known as navy beans or cannellini beans, are rich in protein, making them a great alternative for those following a vegan or vegetarian diet. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissues, supporting immune function, and promoting overall growth and development.
- High in Dietary Fiber: One of the standout nutritional benefits of creamy white bean soup is its high fiber content. Fiber is crucial in maintaining a healthy digestive system and preventing constipation. Additionally, it aids in weight management by promoting satiety and reducing the likelihood of overeating. Including fiber-rich foods like white beans can contribute to a healthier digestive tract and improve overall well-being.
- Abundance of Vitamins and Minerals: Creamy white bean soup is a treasure trove of essential vitamins and minerals. White beans are a good source of folate, a B vitamin particularly important for pregnant women to support fetal development. They also provide significant amounts of iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc, vital for various bodily functions, including energy production, nerve function, and immune system support.
- Heart-Healthy Properties: Consuming creamy white bean soup can contribute to heart health due to its impressive nutrient profile. White beans contain soluble fiber, which can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. Moreover, their potassium content supports healthy blood pressure levels, further promoting cardiovascular well-being.
- Weight Management Aid: If you want to maintain or achieve a healthy weight, creamy white bean soup can be an excellent addition to your diet. Its high fiber and protein content can promote feelings of fullness and reduce hunger, potentially aiding in weight management efforts. By incorporating this satisfying and nutritious soup into your meals, you can support your weight loss or maintenance goals.
Creamy White Bean Soup Vegan Is Best Served With?
Creamy white bean soup vegan is a versatile dish that pairs well with various accompaniments. Here are some delightful options to consider:
- Crusty Bread or Garlic Toast: The creamy texture of white bean soup perfectly complements the crunch and flavor of warm, crusty bread or garlic toast. Dip the bread into the soup or spread it with a touch of vegan butter for a delightful combination of textures and flavors.
- Fresh Salad: Add a refreshing touch to your meal by serving creamy white bean soup with fresh salad. Opt for crisp greens, such as mixed greens, spinach, or arugula, and toss them with your favorite vegetables, herbs, and a zesty dressing. The vibrant salad will provide a contrasting taste and texture to the creamy soup.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roasted vegetables are a wonderful complement to creamy white bean soup vegan. Roast a medley of seasonal vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, and zucchini to bring out their natural sweetness and add a touch of caramelization. The roasted vegetables will provide a hearty and flavorful accompaniment to the soup.
- Grilled Sandwich: Indulge in a comforting and satisfying meal by pairing creamy white bean soup with a grilled sandwich. Choose your favorite vegan fillings, such as marinated tofu, roasted vegetables, or plant-based cheese, and grill the sandwich perfectly. Combining the creamy soup and the crispy, flavorful sandwich will surely please your taste buds.
Storage Tips for Creamy White Bean Soup Vegan
Proper storage is essential to maintain the freshness and flavor of creamy white bean soup vegan. Follow these tips to store your soup properly:
- Refrigeration: If you have leftovers or need to store the soup later, transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate it promptly. Creamy white bean soup can be safely stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Ensure the container is tightly sealed to prevent the absorption of odors from other foods in the fridge.
- Freezing: To extend the shelf life of your creamy white bean soup, freezing is a convenient option. Allow the soup to cool completely before transferring it to freezer-safe containers or resealable freezer bags. Ensure there is enough headspace for expansion. Frozen white bean soup can be stored for up to 3 months.
- Thawing and Reheating: When ready to enjoy your frozen soup, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, you can use the defrost function on your microwave. Once thawed, reheat the creamy white bean soup on the stovetop or microwave until it reaches your desired temperature. Stir occasionally to ensure even heating.
Can I Use Canned White Beans for Creamy White Bean Soup?
You can definitely use canned white beans for making creamy white bean soup. Canned white beans are a convenient option as they are already cooked and tender, saving you time and effort. When using canned beans, drain and rinse them thoroughly before adding them to your soup.
However, if you prefer a firmer texture, you can also opt for dried white beans and cook them from scratch. Whether you choose canned or dried beans, both options will result in a delicious and comforting bowl of creamy white bean soup.
Can I Customize the Seasonings in Creamy White Bean Soup Vegan?
Yes, you can customize the seasonings to suit your taste preferences. Experiment with herbs and spices like thyme, rosemary, paprika, or cumin to add a personal touch to your soup.
Can I Freeze the Creamy White Bean Soup After Adding Non-dairy Creamer?
It’s generally recommended to freeze the soup before adding non-dairy creamer. The texture and consistency of non-dairy creamers can change when frozen and thawed, potentially altering the quality of the soup. Add the creamer after reheating the soup instead.
Creamy White Bean Soup Vegan
- Blender or immersion blender
- Knife and cutting board.
- 2 cups dried white beans
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Rinse 2 cups of dried white beans under cold water to remove debris or impurities. Place the beans in a large pot and cover them with water. Let them soak overnight or use the quick soak method by bringing the water to a boil, then removing from heat and letting them sit for 1 hour. Drain and rinse the soaked beans before proceeding to the next step.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and minced garlic to the pot. Sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions become translucent and the garlic is fragrant. Stir in the diced carrots and celery, and cook for 5 minutes until they soften.
- Add the soaked and drained white beans to the pot with the sautéed vegetables. Pour in 4 cups of vegetable broth, along with 1 bay leaf, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, and 1 teaspoon ground cumin.Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours, or until the beans are tender and cooked. Remove the bay leaf from the pot.
- Using an immersion or regular blender, puree a portion of the soup until smooth. Be cautious of hot liquids when using a regular blender.
- Return the blended soup to the pot and stir in 1 can (13.5 oz) of coconut milk. This will add richness and creaminess to the soup. Stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the creamy white bean soup into soup bowls. Garnish each bowl with fresh parsley for added freshness and visual appeal. Serve the soup hot, and enjoy its comforting flavors and creamy texture.
Creamy white bean soup vegan is a delicious and comforting dish and offers an array of nutritional benefits. From being a plant-based protein powerhouse to promoting heart health and aiding in weight management, this soup is a valuable addition to a balanced diet. You can elevate its flavors and create a satisfying meal by serving it with crusty bread, fresh salad, or roasted vegetables.
Remember to follow proper storage techniques to enjoy this delightful soup, even on busy days. Embrace the goodness of creamy white bean soup vegan and nourish yourself with a bowl of hearty and wholesome deliciousness.