Beyond ground beef has revolutionized the way we approach vegetarian and vegan recipes. This meatless alternative is made from plant-based ingredients, yet mimics the taste and texture of traditional beef, making it a popular ingredient in many dishes. The history of plant-based meat alternatives dates back to the 6th century in China, but Beyond Meat’s innovative approach to creating a more sustainable protein source has made it a game-changer.
What makes Beyond ground beef so special is its versatility in the kitchen. It can be used as a direct substitute for ground beef in a variety of recipes, from tacos to spaghetti bolognese. Its neutral flavor profile also allows for a range of seasoning options, making it adaptable to various cuisines. Whether you are a seasoned vegetarian or simply looking to reduce your meat intake, Beyond ground beef provides a delicious and healthy alternative.
Ideal for summer barbecues, family dinners or even meal prepping, Beyond ground beef is perfect for all occasions. Its quick cooking time and easy preparation make it an excellent choice for those busy weekdays when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
Beyond Ground Beef Recipe: Vegan Tacos
- 1 package of Beyond Meat Ground Beef: Available in most grocery stores or plant-based meat substitutes section.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil: Used for cooking the Beyond Meat.
- 1 small onion, diced: Adds flavor and texture to the tacos.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced: Provides a savory taste.
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning: Enhances the flavor of the Beyond Meat.
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth: Adds moisture and helps distribute the seasoning.
- Salt and pepper to taste: Adjust according to your preference.
- Taco shells: Choose your preferred type, such as corn tortillas or flour tortillas.
- Taco toppings: Options include shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, vegan cheese, salsa, or hot sauce.
- Skillet or frying pan: Used for cooking the Beyond Meat.
- Spatula or wooden spoon: Used for stirring and breaking up the Beyond Meat.
- Cutting board and knife: Used for dicing the onion and mincing the garlic.
- Optional: Small bowl or dish: Used for mixing the taco seasoning with a bit of water to create a paste.
Step 1: Sauté the Onion and Garlic
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the pan.
- Sauté for about 2-3 minutes until the onion becomes translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
Step 2: Cook the Beyond Meat
- Push the sautéed onion and garlic to one side of the pan and add the Beyond Meat to the other side.
- Break up the Beyond Meat with a spatula or wooden spoon, stirring occasionally, to ensure even cooking.
- Cook the Beyond Meat for about 5-7 minutes or until it is browned and heated through.
Step 3: Season and Add Broth
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the cooked Beyond Meat.
- If using a taco seasoning packet, mix it with a small amount of water in a separate bowl to create a paste before adding it to the skillet.
- Stir the seasoning into the Beyond Meat until it is well distributed.
- Pour in the vegetable broth to add moisture and help incorporate the seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for another 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
Step 4: Assemble the Tacos
- Warm your taco shells according to the package instructions.
- Spoon the cooked Beyond Meat mixture into the taco shells.
- Add your desired toppings such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, vegan cheese, salsa, or hot sauce.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
- Arrange the assembled tacos on a platter or individual plates.
- Serve the vegan Beyond Meat tacos immediately while they are still warm and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Know:
- Customize the seasoning: Feel free to adjust the amount of taco seasoning or add additional spices and herbs to suit your taste preferences.
- Taco shell alternatives: If you prefer a lighter option, you can use lettuce wraps or serve the Beyond Meat filling over a bed of salad as a taco salad.
- Double the recipe: If you’re serving a larger group or want leftovers, simply double the recipe ingredients.
- Serve the vegan Beyond Meat tacos as a main course for lunch or dinner.
- Accompany the tacos with Mexican-inspired side dishes like Mexican rice, refried beans, or grilled vegetables.
- Store any leftover cooked Beyond Meat mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheat the mixture in a skillet or microwave before using it as a filling for additional tacos or in other recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use other brands of plant-based ground beef substitutes?
Yes, you can use other brands of plant-based ground beef substitutes, following the package instructions for cooking and seasoning.
2. Are Beyond Meat products gluten-free?
Most Beyond Meat products are gluten-free, but it’s always best to check the specific product packaging or the company’s website to be sure.
3. Can I use the Beyond Meat mixture for other recipes?
Absolutely! The cooked Beyond Meat mixture can be used in various dishes such as burritos, quesadillas, nachos, or even as a topping for loaded fries or baked potatoes.
4. Can I freeze the cooked Beyond Meat mixture?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked Beyond Meat mixture in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag for up to 2-3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before reheating and using it in recipes.
5. Can I make the Beyond Meat filling in advance?
Yes, you can make the Beyond Meat filling in advance and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, reheat it in a skillet or microwave before assembling the tacos.
Beyond Ground Beef Recipe
- Skillet or frying pan
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Cutting board and knife
- Optional: Small bowl or dish
- 1 package of Beyond Meat Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Taco shells
- Taco toppings shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, vegan cheese, salsa, or hot sauce
- Sauté the diced onion and minced garlic in olive oil until the onion becomes translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Push the sautéed onion and garlic to one side of the pan and add the Beyond Meat Ground Beef to the other side. Break it up with a spatula and cook until browned and heated through.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over the cooked Beyond Meat and stir it in. Add vegetable broth and allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes.
- Warm your taco shells and spoon the cooked Beyond Meat mixture into them.
- Add your desired taco toppings, such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, vegan cheese, salsa, or hot sauce.
- Serve the vegan Beyond Meat tacos immediately and enjoy!