The Steak, Egg, and Cheese Bagel tastes great and is very filling. But foods like this are usually high in calories. So, how many calories are in a steak, egg, and cheese bagel?
A steak, egg, and cheese bagel can have between 500 and 700 calories. A small steak patty has around 150 to 200 calories, and an egg and cheese add more calories to the sandwich. For example, a large egg has about 80 calories, and a slice of cheese has around 70 to 100 calories.
The bagel used in the sandwich can also add to the calorie count. 280 to 350 calories are typically found in a medium plain bagel. Keep reading to determine the calories in a steak, egg, and cheese bagel.
What Is On A Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel?
A Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel usually consists of a cooked beef steak patty, a scrambled or fried egg, and a slice of melted cheese placed inside a sliced bagel. It’s a well-liked option for brunch or breakfast, and it can be customized by adding extra toppings like grilled onions, peppers or sauces like ketchup, hot sauce, or mayonnaise.
The ingredients and how the sandwich is prepared can vary depending on the restaurant or individual preferences. The ingredients of a Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel typically include steak, egg, cheese, and a bagel. Some variations may include bacon, sausage, or other types of meat.
The most common types of cheese used in the Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel are American or cheddar cheese. The cheese is melted on top of the steak patty and egg, creating a gooey, delicious layer of flavour. The bagel is a sturdy base that’s toasted for a crispy texture. This contrasts well with the soft, melty filling.
How Many Calories Are In A Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel From McDonald’s?
Depending on the size and region, a McDonald’s steak, egg, and cheese bagel might have anywhere between 670 and 700 calories, on average. These calories are primarily fat (47%) and carbs (34%).
If you love the Steak, Egg, and Cheese Bagel from McDonald’s, note that this sandwich is also high in fat, salt, and cholesterol. It contains 1450 mg of salt and 40 grams of fat, with 13 grams being saturated.
For optimal heart health, the American Heart Association recommends keeping your saturated fat intake under 13 grams and your salt intake under 2300 milligrams daily. As a result, you should enjoy this sandwich in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
How Many Calories Are In A McDonald’s Steak Egg And Cheese?
Depending on the size and particular ingredients, a McDonald’s steak, egg, and cheese bagel’s calorie count may vary slightly. According to the McDonald’s website, a regular-sized steak, egg, and cheese bagel contain approximately 700 calories. This amount, however, may change based on how the sandwich is prepared.
If you’re looking for a lower-calorie option at McDonald’s, there are several alternatives to the Steak, Egg, and Cheese Bagel. The Egg McMuffin, for example, contains 300 calories and provides a similar amount of protein.
The Sausage Burrito is another option with 300 calories and 16 grams of protein. Also, if you’re looking to reduce the calorie count of your Steak, Egg, and Cheese Bagel, you can ask for it without the cheese or sauce or choose a smaller bagel size.
How Many Calories Are In a Bagel With Fried Egg And Cheese?
A medium-sized plain bagel has between 280 and 350 calories. Around 90–100 calories are found in one big fried egg. Around 70 to 80 calories are found in one slice of American cheese. A bagel with a fried egg and cheese would have about 490 calories if the bagel had 320 calories, the fried egg had 95 calories, and the cheese had 75 calories.
If you sum up the calorie counts of the macronutrients, you will arrive at an estimated total calorie count of about 659 for a bagel with fried egg and cheese. However, this is only an estimate; the calories may vary depending on the ingredients and quantities used.
Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel Recipe
- 2 bagels
- 8 oz. steak
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: sliced onions, sliced bell peppers, hot sauce
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook the steak to your preferred doneness. For a medium-rare steak, cook for about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the steak from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into thin strips.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are scrambled and cooked through.
- Cut the bagels in half and toast them.
- Assemble the sandwiches: place a slice of cheese on each bottom half of the bagel, followed by the steak strips, scrambled eggs, and any additional toppings, such as sliced onions, sliced bell peppers, or hot sauce.
- Top each sandwich with the other half of the bagel.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook, pressing down with a spatula, until the cheese is melted and the bagels are crispy and golden brown on the outside.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
The number of calories in a steak, egg, and cheese bagel can vary greatly depending on the specific ingredients and preparation method. However, on average, a typical serving of this breakfast sandwich can contain anywhere from 500 to 700 calories.
Lower calorie options include the Egg McMuffin and Sausage Burrito, and you can reduce calories by omitting the cheese or sauce or choosing a smaller bagel.