Are you in love with baked boneless chicken thighs but do not know how long to bake boneless skinless chicken thighs at 350 degrees to get a tasty, juicy, and golden final product? One of the best weekly dinner staples is baked chicken thighs. They allow large baking for many people and serve as meal prep for lunches.
Chicken thighs are of varying sizes and styles. This blog post will show you our favorite best baking recipes and processes for baking boneless chicken thighs.
How Long To Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs At 350?
From coleslaw to pasta to baked potatoes and several other side dishes, knowing how long it would take to bake your boneless skinless chicken thighs would make you always want to do this over and over again.
Baking your boneless skinless chicken thigh is affected by the chicken’s size and the oven’s temperature. Chicken thighs are one of our favorite weeknight meals as they’re inexpensive, quick, and easy to cook. The final results are always juicy, yummy, proteinous, and healthy.
Baking time varies due to the type of oven used. However, according to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the approximate baking time for boneless skinless chicken thighs at 350 degrees weighing 5-8 ounces is about 25 to 30 minutes.
This timing is considered true in our baking preparation; it took about 30 minutes to bake boneless skinless chicken thighs at 350 degrees.
What Temperature Should Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Be Baked To?
Baking a chicken thigh at 350 degrees takes about 25 – 30 minutes per 4-8 ounce chicken thigh. Generally, boneless skinless chicken thighs are to be baked to an internal temperature of about 165-170oF (recommended by food safety pros).
Like other meats, the temperature should be checked about 20 minutes before the doneness time using your meat thermometer ( a device that allows you to monitor the internal temperature of your baking process).
Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the boneless skinless chicken thigh and leave for about 3 or 5 seconds to read the temperature properly and accurately.
How Do I Check The Doneness Of My Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Without A Thermometer?
You do not need to work yourself up; a knife is fine and ideal. Without a thermometer, achieving a well-baked boneless chicken thigh is pretty easy. Chicken thighs are darker meat and differ from the chicken breast when done.
Carefully remove the baked boneless skinless chicken thighs from the oven or on the grill. Then, slice through the chicken. After, the juices tend to leak out. If the leaked-out juices are opaque, the chicken is done, but if there are still visible blood traces or the thighs are still pinkish, there would be an additional baking time.
Do I Need To Cover Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs When Baking?
You can leave it uncovered as it would spend most of its baking time in the oven until you check the temperature.
Amazing Recipe And Process All In 30 Minutes
Adding another list to your weekly meal preps is a 30-minute baked boneless skinless chicken thighs recipe and steps guide.
- 6-8 pieces (5-6 punches each) of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp oil ( olive oil or any other neutral oil)
- 3 tbsp of seasoning (any season of your preference, we used Italian seasoning)
- 2 tsp paprika or chili powder (it isn’t spicy but helps to have an improved color)
- 2 tsp white or black pepper
- 1 tsp salt (diamond kosher salt)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp aromatic herbs (you can use any, we used oregano)
- Ready-made Marinades (any one of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the baking tray with aluminum foil or a baking sheet.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator about 20 minutes before baking and pat try with a paper towel. This is to reduce the moisture in the meat.
- Lightly coat the thighs with the oil using a cooking brush or spray. This gives the oiling an even distribution.
- In another bowl, mix the marinade ingredients.
- Brush the seasoning, spices, rub, or marinade over the chicken thighs.
- Arrange the seasoned chicken thighs on the baking tray with space to allow the heat through.
- Then, leave to bake for 25-30 minutes. You can also keep checking the internal temperature until it reaches 165oF.
- Afterward, you can remove the baked boneless skinless chicken thighs from the oven.
- Then, allow the just-baked chicken thighs to rest for about 5 minutes. This also allows the thorough distribution of the juices.
Baking chicken thighs are quick and easy, but here are a few tips to guide you to have a juicy and well-baked result.
- If you’re marinating, you should do that ahead or overnight before the baking time.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the sealed bags, and allow them to refrigerate overnight.
- About 20 minutes before the baking process, remove the chicken thighs from the freezer and pat dry before seasoning or baking. This helps remove moisture and prevent the chicken thighs from soaking wet.
- Avoid over-oiling. If the oil used is much, there are likely chances of having burnt baked chicken thighs.
- Do not use excess spices rub to prevent the chicken meat from swelling and being wet.
- Since it is a skinless chicken, the smooth sides should be placed face up.
- Line up the baking tray to make cleaning easier.
- Seasoning the chicken should be evenly done on every side.
- Do not add oil to the marinade.
What Can I Serve With My Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs?
The above recipe gives you the best and most satisfying moments. However, for the best eating experience, serve your baked boneless skinless chicken thighs alongside your favorite side dishes and cooked grains like couscous, coconut rice, pasta salad with broccoli, baked potato with bacon, cold lemon zoodles, or cornbread.
For the best servings, check more online for your favorite dishes to serve with your baked boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Can I Grill My Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs At 350?
Yes, you can. Chicken thighs tend to bake properly and smokey on a grill, giving the same result as when baked in an oven. However, grilling sometimes tends to cause the chicken thighs to dry out and the juices to overcook.
When grilling, it is best to bake your boneless skinless chicken thighs directly and over a low heat temperature for about 15-25 minutes.
Suppose you wish to marinate your chicken thighs; the timing changes because marinades will slow the cooking process. Extra time is needed.
Can I Bake My Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs On A Stove?
It takes 5 to 8 minutes on a stovetop on every side to bake the chicken thighs. However, it is possible to have a different baking time; it is best to monitor the baking process using your meat thermometer to measure the internal temperature until it reaches 165oF or 170oF (according to the USDA standard guide).
How Long Does It Take To Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs In An AirFryer AT 350?
Using an air fryer to bake boneless skinless chicken thighs will take the same time as using an oven. There is no difference between using an air fryer and an oven; they bake for about 20-30 minutes, turning them halfway through the baking process.
However, if you’re baking a large quantity, it should be done in batches, as this gives space for airflow in the baking basket. It allows an even distribution of juices and heats through the chicken.
How Long Does It Take To Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs In A Microwave?
Baking your chicken thighs in a microwave takes about 10 – 12 minutes on heat setting at 350 degrees. The first 5 or 6 minutes baking process is covered, uncovered, and allowed to bake for the rest 6 or 7 minutes.
How Can I Bake Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs At 350 Degrees?
The frozen chicken should be thawed first. Then, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. After, arrange the frozen chicken thighs and bake them for about 30 to 40 minutes. When done, check the internal temperature of 165oF using your thermometer.
If wrapped in the fridge, you can also unfreeze (defrost) the frozen boneless chicken thighs for about 12 or 24 hours.
How Do I Store Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs?
You can store the leftover of your baked boneless skinless chicken thighs in a fridge or freezer. Get a plastic bag and wrap the chicken thighs into it. The fridge can be stored for about 3 or 5 days inside the freezer for up to 6 months.
Can I Reheat Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs?
It is possible to reheat the leftover of your baked boneless chicken thighs. This helps to maintain taste and tenderness. You can reheat using the oven, stove, air fryer, or microwave.
Arrange the chicken thighs on a baking tray and reheat at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the heat has fully passed through the meat.
With the amazing recipes and baking processes above, your boneless, skinless chicken thighs will become your favorite. It takes about 25-30 minutes to bake boneless skinless chicken thighs at 350.
It tends to be time-consuming, but the experience is incredible. For the best eating experience, serve alongside your favorite side dishes or cooked grains.