Most households love cooking fresh salmon based on the belief that it tastes better than frozen one when cooked. This is true, but, this depends on the method of cooking as an air fryer frozen salmon tastes as good as fresh air fryer salmon.
Frozen salmon can be cooked directly in an air fryer without defrosting it within 16 minutes which makes it the fastest method of cooking frozen salmon. However, the time spent depends on the thickness of the fillets.
- How Do I Cook Frozen Salmon In The Air Dryer?
- Does Salmon Need To Be Thawed Before Air Frying?
- How Do I Bake Frozen Salmon In An Oven?
- Ingredients For Baking Frozen Salmon
- Procedures For Baking Salmon
- How Do I Grill Frozen Salmon?
- Ingredients Needed For Grilling Frozen Salmon
- What Are The Benefits Of Consuming Frozen Salmon?
- What Are The Things To Take Note Of When Cooking Frozen Salmon?
- What Side Dish Can I Serve With My Cooked Salmon?
How Do I Cook Frozen Salmon In The Air Dryer?
Preparing frozen Salmon is easier than assumed with limited ingredients you can always find within the confers of your kitchen.
- Frozen salmon
- Avocado oil or olive oil
- Garlic and mustard add flavor to the salmon
- Lemon Juice
- Preferred Sauce
- Set your air fryer to 400 degrees F as it is the standard temperature for getting your salmon properly cooked.
- Cut your frozen salmon fillets into the desired size and place them in the air dryer with the skin side facing down or defrost before placing them there, although it is not compulsory.
- Mix the garlic, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Allow it to cook for 8 to 9 minutes before spraying your salmon with avocado or olive oil, then brush the mixed ingredients on it, do not forget to sprinkle it with salt.
- Check your salmon after 15 to 16 minutes to confirm if it is properly cooked by checking the temperature of the salmon, once the temp is within 137 to 145 degrees F, then it is done.
- If your salmon is yet to attain the standard temperature, put it back in the air fryer, setting the timer to 5 or 10 minutes for it to cook properly as an undercooked salmon results in bacterial infection.
Does Salmon Need To Be Thawed Before Air Frying?
No. You can cook your frozen salmon directly without thawing it, as thawing might change the result of the product when it finally cooks.
When baking frozen salmon in an oven, you don’t have to follow the set time as it might vary based on the level of ice in your salmon cover your salmon with foil to enable it to trap more steam
How Do I Bake Frozen Salmon In An Oven?
Frozen salmon does not need to be defrosted before baking it but you can wash it under a running tap, this also helps to wash away the ice.
Ingredients For Baking Frozen Salmon
These ingredients are not a must to use, you can come up with yours, and if you do not have them, simply use this.
- Frozen Salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter.
- Salt or brown sugar
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder of the chopped one
Procedures For Baking Salmon
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Melt the butter if you do not have olive oil or avocado oil.
- Brush each side of your salmon with melted butter or avocado oil.
- Place your salmon on a baking sheet with the skin facing down.
- Season your salmon with salt or brown sugar and ground pepper on the upper part.
- Cover the baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Put your salmon in the preheated oven and allow it to bake for the stipulated time.
- Check the salmon after 15 minutes as some salmon get cooked faster because of their thin skin texture.
- Make sure the salmon’s temperature is between 135 degrees F to 145 degrees F before removing it from the oven, as that is the perfect temperature for a cooked salmon.
- Remove, decorate with sauce and allow to cool before serving.
How Do I Grill Frozen Salmon?
Grilling frozen salmon is also one of the fastest methods of getting your frozen salmon cooked, all you have to do is to rinse it under a running tap to allow the ice to melt off but not soggy.
Ingredients Needed For Grilling Frozen Salmon
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
Procedure To Get Your Grilled Salmon Ready
- Preheat your grills to 400 degrees F, as it is a standard temperature for getting your salmon prepared perfectly.
- Melt your butter and brush both sides of the salmon with it.
- Chop your garlic and mix it with lemon juice.
- Add the mixed lemon to the salmon.
- Place your salmon on the grill with the skin facing down and allow it to grill for a few minutes, add salt, then keep turning it to prevent the skin from burning.
- Ensure the salmon is perfectly cooked by checking its temperature out and looking for a light peach color.
What Are The Benefits Of Consuming Frozen Salmon?
Salmon are known to have bacteria growing on them such as salmonella and Vibro cholera but freezing it can help stop bacteria growth as bacteria cannot survive under a cold atmosphere. Thereby, making you free of bacteria infection when you consume them without thawing them.
A frozen salmon contains all the needed nutrients and you can be sure of it being intact after being cooked. Frozen salmon has sufficient calories, protein, potassium, vitamin B12, and iron and is low in saturated fat.
Moreover, the appearance of your salmon has a lot to do with your willingness to eat it. A frozen salmon comes out with a fine appearance when cooked but a fresh one might not give you the desired appearance.
A Fillet of cooked frozen salmon contains the following amount of nutrients;
- Calories 258J
- Calories from Fat 108J
- 18% of fat
- 13% of saturated fat
- 31% of cholesterol
- 3% of sodium
- 25% of potassium
- 1% of carbohydrates
- 4% of Fiber
- 1% of sugar
- 68% of protein
- 1% of vitamin A
- 17% of Vitamin C
- 3 % of Calcium
- 11% of iron.
What Are The Things To Take Note Of When Cooking Frozen Salmon?
When cooking frozen salmon, you need to be careful of these few things as they are very important to the appearance and texture of your salmon aftermath.
- Make sure your air fryer is preheated before cooking.
- Remove the salmon from the air dryer once the temperature reaches 137 degrees as the temperature will rise to 145 degrees after you have allowed it to cool.
- Cooking time is dependent on the thinness and thickness of your salmon.
- In anything you do, the salmon temperature must not exceed 145 degrees F.
- Do not overcrowd your basket, if you are making use of a basket air fryer.
What Side Dish Can I Serve With My Cooked Salmon?
Your Air fried salmon can be served with the following dish;
- Buttery Garlic Green Beans
- Lemon Pasta
- Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut sauce
- Bok choy
- Lemon Butter Broccolini
- Roasted Parmesan Rosemary Potatoes.
- Cilantro lime rice
- Basmati rice
- Mushroom Risotto
- Lemon Herb Couscous
- Honey Glazed carrots
- Lemon Roasted Red Potatoes
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto.
- Roasted sweet potatoes.
- Cucumber Dill salad
Take a bold step, go get a frozen and a fresh salmon fish, get sufficient ingredients for both, and air fry it using the same temperature to confirm what you have read in this article.
However, the time might vary depending on the thickness of the salmon. You can also try out other cooking methods.