A pressure cooker, an instant pot, is used for cooking your food quickly. The best thing about the pot is the non-selection of food, as all types of food can be cooked in it as far as the food won’t get ruined as a result of it being covered.
Meatloaf is one of the dishes that can be cooked in 25 to 30 minutes with a pressure cooker, although you will have to follow specific precautions before getting it cooked with it. The precaution is also a way of getting dinner ready in time, a perfect way of multitasking.
How Do I Cook A Meatloaf In A Pressure Cooker?
After a stressful day at work, you can still cook your favorite meatloaf side dish using a pressure cooker, as it is one of the fastest and easiest methods of getting meatloaf ready in a few minutes.
- Bread crumbs
- Lean ground beef, preferably 93% lean.
- Herbs such as celery and parsley.
- Sauce (You can either combine ketchup, brown sugar, and tomato sauce)
- Potatoes for cooking and eating alongside the meatloaf.
- Mince the onion, carrot, celery, parsley, and garlic.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Get a big bowl, break your egg into and the milk.
- Whisk together before adding your breadcrumbs.
- Ensure the breadcrumbs, egg, and milk are well mixed before adding the minced ingredients, salt, and pepper.
- Mix everything properly.
- Shape the mixture into the size of the pressure cooker and place it on an aluminum foil.
- Pour your potatoes and carrots into the pressure cooker to act as a layer for the meatloaf. Make sure you pierce the potatoes to allow for steam escape, thereby preventing the potatoes from breaking during the cooking process.
- Place the steamer rack on the carrot and potatoes in the pressure cooker.
- Pour water into the cooker; this will help in the cooking process.
- Place your meatloaf with the aluminum foil into the steamer rack in the pressure cooker.
- Add your sauce to it and close the pressure cooker setting the timer to 30 minutes.
- Release the steam button once the timer is on.
- Remove the cover once the stem has finally been released.
- Check if the meatloaf is fully cooked with a metal fork; if the fork slides into the meatloaf easily, that shows it is cooked.
- You can also use a thermometer to confirm if the meatloaf is cooked; this will be visible if the temperature is between 155 degrees F to 165 degrees F. If otherwise, place the meatloaf in the pressure cooker and set the timer to 5 to 10 minutes to get it cooked perfectly.
- Once done, remove the steamer rack, drain the potatoes and carrot, dice to your desired shape, or mash.
- Allow the meatloaf to cool down, add more sauce, and slice to your desired size, eating it with the potato and carrot.
Can I Use Any Meat For Meatloaf?
Yes, as far as it is grounded. You can choose ground turkey, ground beef, ground pork, or ground chicken, based on your desire. However, meat with high fat is best for the meatloaf, as this will prevent you from having a very soft loaf.
Can I Cook A Meatloaf In A Slow Cooker(Crockpot)?
Yes. A crockpot is a slow cooker that cooks food for a long period and perfectly cooks a meatloaf without any burnt form.
How Long Do I Cook A Meatloaf In The Crockpot?
The time spent cooking meatloaf in a crock pot depends on the size of the loaf and the type of meat you are using. On average, a crockpot with a high setting produces a well-prepared meatloaf in 3 hours, while one placed on a low setting gets the meatloaf done in 6 hours.
How To Cook Meatloaf In A Crockpot?
Cooking meatloaf is simple; all you have to do is mix the breadcrumbs, milk, egg, and ground beef with the ingredients forming it into a crock pot shape. Place in an aluminum foil before putting it into the crock pot and cover the pot.
Do not forget to add your toppings to the meatloaf before closing the crockpot. Open the crockpot in intervals to know if the meatloaf is done. You can either check with a thermometer or touch the hardest part of the meatloaf to know if it is properly cooked.
How Long Do I Cook A Meatloaf In An Oven?
Baking a meatloaf in a preheated oven will take 1 hour without the preparation time. However, the timing depends on the type of meat used, the shape and size of the meatloaf, the type of oven, and the temperature settings.
What Is The Difference Between Cooking Meatloaf With A Pressure Cooker And A Crockpot?
The only difference between cooking a meatloaf with a pressure cooker and a crockpot is the time spent cooking the meatloaf. A pressure cooker cooks the dish in under 30 minutes, while a crock pot takes hours to get the meatloaf done.
What Is The Difference Between Cooking Meatloaf With A Pressure Cooker And An Oven?
The equipment used and the time spent cooking and baking a meatloaf is the distinct difference between cooking meatloaf in a pressure cooker and an oven.
Besides, an oven dries out more moisture than a pressure cooker will.
What Are The Things To Note When Making MeatLoaf With A Pressure Cooker Or A Crockpot?
When making meatloaf with a pressure cooker or a crockpot, there are essential things listed below that you need to note, as this will produce a perfectly cooked meatloaf.
- You can mix it from 5 hours to 24 hours and refrigerate it before cooking.
- Overmixing of meat and ingredients will result in a hard meatloaf.
- Ensure you make use of milk when making use of lean ground meat.
- Add flavoring ingredients such as onion and garlic.
- Ensure you mix with your hand and not with any wooden spatula.
- Do not add excess water to the meat mix, as too much moisture will result in a scattered meatloaf.
- Ensure you use the sauce for the meatloaf, which adds taste to the loaf.
- Double the aluminum foil before you place it in the pressure cooker.
What Dish Can I Eat With Meatloaf?
You can consume many things with your meatloaf, but the following tastes better, especially with a meatloaf made in a pressure cooker.
- Homemade Rolls
- Mashed potatoes.
- Sheet pan-roasted vegetables
- Roasted Broccoli
- Bacon Brussels sprouts
- Creamy spinach with dill.
- Twice Baked Cauliflower with Bacon.
- Cheesy garlic butter bubble bread
- Cheddar biscuit.
- Wedge salad
- Italian peas
- Carnival squash
- Brussels sprouts and bacon
- Fondant potatoes
- Airfryer carrots
- Garlic butter mashed potatoes
- Creamed peas with mushrooms.
- Roasted Parmesan-Garlic Carrots.
- Garlic and herb butter bath corn
- Tangy carrot Slaw
How Do I Refrigerate Meatloaf Before Cooking With A Pressure Cooker?
Put your mixed meatloaf in a well-covered container, a covered loaf pan, or a ziplock freezer bag, and cook when ready.
However, frozen meatloaf will take longer than normal meatloaf as added moisture must be removed.
What Is The Lifespan Of A Meatloaf Cooked With A Pressure Cooker?
A meatloaf cooked in a pressure cooker can maintain its taste and flavor for 3 to 4 days as far as it is kept in the freezer. The taste and flavor tend to depreciate in taste after three days, but the one with sauce in it can last up to 4 months as it freezes best than one without sauce.
However, an exposed cooked meatloaf kept at room temperature can start to lose its taste and flavor after 2 hours as bacteria will have acted on it, making it unsafe for you to consume. An uncooked meatloaf can stay in the freezer for more than six months without any change.
What Benefit Do I Derive From The Consumption Of Meatloaf?
Unlike other dishes, Meat loaf contains a balanced nutrition, making it one of the dishes with many health benefits highlighted below.
- The dish is a good energy source as it supplies you with calories.
- Meatloaf is a good source of vitamins ranging from A, B, D, and E.
- The loaf provides the needed sodium and healthy fats to maintain your health.
Waiting for hours to get your favorite meatloaf perfectly cooked can become a thing of the past if you adopt cooking it with a pressure cooker.
However, you need to ensure that the meatloaf is not directly placed in the pressure cooker and that the aluminum foil where the meatloaf is placed is not touching the sides of the pressure cooker.